31st Annual Pawling Triathlon
Photo Credit Pawling Public Radio
Saturday, June 2, 2018 – Dutchess County
Swim – 0.3 mi. Bike – 12 mi. Run – 3 mi.
Start : 9:00 amCLICK HERE TO REGISTER Location: Lakeside Park, 2 Lakeside Drive, Pawling, NY
$70 – before Thursday, February 28
$80 – March 1 – April 30
$90 – May 1 – May 30 (on-line entry closes at 5:00 pm.)
$100 – June 1 (Friday) – (No T-shirt , No credit cards).
– ** No entries accepted on day of race **
All proceeds from the Pawling Triathlon go to the Pawling Teen Center, a FREE program offering a safe, supervised environment in which youth may develop life skills and knowledge while performing community service and enjoying healthy social interaction.
Refund Policy: Absolutely no parts of entry fees will be refunded, transferred, substituted or credited. It is prohibited to sell your race entry or for someone to compete in your place. No exceptions!
Schedule of Events:
Pre-Race Day – Friday June 1
4:30 – 6:00 pm – Early check-in at Lakeside Park. Avoid the lines on race day. New entries accepted. Check out race course.
Race Day – Saturday, June 2
7:00 – 8:30 am. – Check in (packet pick up, get marked for swim, pick up timing chip).
** No numbers issued (or packets saved) after 8:30 am. **
8:45 am. – Course orientation and final instructions (mandatory!).
9:00 am. – Race start (RAIN or shine).
11:30 am. – Refreshments, music, awards presentation.
Approximately 4-5 days before the event you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. Please have your number with you when you arrive for check in. If you do not know your bib number in advance, you may find it on an alphabetical list of all entrants that is posted near the registration tables. Please do not get on line if you do not know your race number and/or you do not have a photo ID.
– Packet pick up begins on Friday, June 1, from 4:30 – 6:00 pm at Lakeside Park.
– You must present a photo ID to receive your packet.
– Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person.
– You may NOT pick up a packet for anyone else even if you have their permission and/or ID.
Rules & Regulations:
– No entrants under 15 years old on day of race.
– Race management has the authority to change race course, course format, and check-in and start time at any time.
– Competitors must be familiar with and conduct themselves accordingly as per the “Competitive Rules of USA Triathlon”
In order to protect your bike and other valuable equipment, please make sure that competitors only , displaying their bib number, be allowed in the transition area. Family members, friends and/or spectators are expressly forbidden to be in the transition area at ANY time.
– Place bikes only on the rack that corresponds to your bib number.
– Bikes may be removed by the competitor ONLY. You must show BOTH your run number AND bike number to SECURITY when leaving the transition area.
– No riding past the DISMOUNT signs at the entrance of the transition area.
– Due to heightened security, all bags/backpacks are subject to be inspected by security personnel upon entering the transition area.
The swim will be in waves of 100 competitors per wave at 3 minute intervals. The waves are based on your assigned bib number as follows:.
wave 1 = 1 – 100 (0 min. delay)
wave 2 = 101-200 (3 min. delay)
wave 3 = 201-300 (6 min. delay)
wave 4 = 301 – 400 (9 min. delay)
wave 5 = 401-500 (12 min. delay)
– Competitors must wear the official swim cap provided at check in.
– Competitors will have their bib number marked on their left arm and left calf on the morning of the race.
– Wetsuits are allowed
– You must notify a race official IMMEDIATELY and turn in your timing chip if you do not complete the entire swim course.
The bike course of 12 miles is out and back on the same roads. After leaving Park, make a SHARP left turn on to W. Dover Road. Continue on W. Dover Road for 5.5 miles to Hoag’s Corner Rd. SLOW down and make a sharp U-turn around the traffic cones and bike back to the Park. SLOW down and make a SHARP right turn when returning to the Park from W. Dover Rd. Stay to the EXTREME right to avoid bikers just leaving the Park.
– You must ride to the RIGHT of the road at all times and stay as far RIGHT of the double center (yellow) line as possible (close to the shoulder of the road).
– Riding without a hard-shell helmet will result in immediate disqualification.
– Obstructing vehicular traffic by biking in the middle of the road will result in a 2 minute penalty for each infraction.
– No recumbent or 3-wheel bikes are allowed.
– Penalties will be assessed for unsecured helmet chin strap upon leaving/entering the transition area.
– Competitors are individually responsible for maintenance and repair of their bike at all times.
Riding in a pack and drafting another competitor is a serious violation. A distance of THREE bike lengths from the bike in FRONT of you must always be maintained. You may not be closer than this distance for more than 15 seconds. If you are, you will receive a 2-minute penalty for each infraction.
The run course of 3 miles is one loop around the Village of Pawling. The roads throughout the run (and bike) course is OPEN to the normal flow of traffic. You must obey traffic rules at all times! While on the run course you MUST run in the direction of traffic at all times and use the designated runner’s lane wherever possible (marked off with orange cones).
– Stay to the right of the road at ALL times.
– Water stops (3) will be provided along the run course.
– Check the label that is affixed to your bib number for correct personal information (age, sex, swim wave, etc.) and notify officials prior to race start regarding any incorrect information.
– You must wear the bib number on your FRONT at all times where it is clearly visible.
– The 2-sided, adhesive backed number you receive must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bike and for security reasons it may not be removed until you leave the area.
– After you cross the finish line you must remove your chip finish
– You will receive a timing chip on the morning of the race. The timing chip must be attached to your ankle at all times during the race.
– After you cross the finish line, remove the chip from your ankle and drop it in the collection bins.
– If you do not turn in your chip after crossing the finish line or if you lose your chip during the race you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
– Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall male/female winners overall and in 5-year age groups, 15 – 17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+ (men), (60+ women).
– A special award will be handed out to the first Pawling finisher (male/female).
– Award recipients must be present at the awards presentation to receive their award. No Exceptions!
Final results with split times will be posted on www.prtiming.com
– Post race refreshments are for competitors ONLY!
– Please wear your bib number where it is clearly visible, when entering the refreshment tent.
Pawling House B&B, 845-855-3851
Race Violations & Penalties:
2 minute penalty for the following:
– Riding in or out of transition area
– Entering or exiting transition area under/over orange fencing.
– Bike not on the assigned rack.
– Bib number not visible in transition area or on any part of course.
– Unsecured bike helmet chin strap while leaving or entering the transition area during the race.
– Drafting or pack riding violation.
– Unsportsmanlike conduct and/or verbal abuse of a volunteer or race official.
– Biking without a hard shell helmet.
– Failure to complete entire race course.
|Register Online at:||31st Pawling Triathlon||15 – 99||N/A||Sa|| 06/02/2018
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
|$0.00 Res, $0.00 Non-Res|
|Register at https://register.chronotrack.com/r/35001
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *