Welcome to The Pawling Daily News Chronicle
Please feel free to submit to contact or submit news to us anytime at: The [email protected]
OUR FACEBOOK PAGES
The Harlem Valley News posts obituaries that are sent directly from the funeral home itself or retrieved from the internet. We will only make changes in such obituaries if requested by the posting funeral home. Family members must first go through the deceased’s legal representative to apply any changes. Any corrections, errors will be changed once we are notified.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The Pawling News.com and The Harlem Valley News makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, The Harlem Valley News does not warrant that:
this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any [legal, financial or medical] matter you should consult an appropriate professional.]
Limitations of liability
The Harlem Valley News will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
[to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if The Harlem Valley News has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit The Harlem Valley News liability in respect of any:
death or personal injury caused by The Harlem Valley News negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of The Harlem Valley News; or
matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for The Harlem Valley News to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
[You accept that, as a limited liability entity, The Harlem Valley News has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against The Harlem Valley News officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.]
[Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph,] you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect The Harlem Valley News officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as The Harlem Valley News.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
OUR POLICE BLOTTER POLICY
The Harlem Valley News routinely publishes reports provided by local police agencies under its Police Blotter category.
The items published in this category come directly from police agencies. Nothing in those reports should be construed to be a finding of guilt; they are a record of the actions taken on a given day by these agencies.
We have a few policies concerning the use of these items:
1. Police consider any incident where a ticket is issued to be an “arrest”. We recognize that people generally believe an arrest is when someone is handcuffed, fingerprinted and taken before a judge. This is not a perfect process but if a police agency sees fit to send out information to us we will post it.
2. We do not publish the names of juveniles involved in incidents, unless the police name the juvenile.
3. We will remove a police blotter item from our system only if the person involved has had all charges related to the incident in question dropped, or if the person is found not guilty after a trial and notified us with appropriate documentation. We will also remove any blotter post after a month upon general request by the individual involved.
4. We will, in some instances, remove names and identifying information of people involved in police blotter items if there is a safety or other risk to that person or others under the same roof.
5. We are always happy to amend the record of an event if the information provided to us is deficient or wrong. Notify us.